Big closet... think really big.
And it turns out she must love cozy things because once we returned home to her much more spacious bedroom, little bit decided she wanted to hang out in the night again. Maybe she was just confused and up looking for all the fans who doted on her while we were in Florida. Maybe she missed the beach. Maybe she just thinks Mommy is prettier with really big bags under her eyes...
Yep, I'm thinking that must be it. Bags make everything better.
Still not quite sitting up, we did a lot of practicing in hopes that Em's 6 month pictures could be taken sans bumbo seat. We managed to get to a point where if we let go of her arm a few pictures could be quickly snapped before she toppled over or was caught mid topple. The taking of the pictures proved to be a blog worthy experience in and of itself and while the pictures turned out amazing, I do have concerns we have forever lost our favorite photographer.
Honestly... a woman can only handle so much y'all. And for some reason when it comes to 6 month pictures, my kids prove to be more than that limit.
| For my 6 month birthday Mommy & Daddy took me on a great adventure. |
| When we got on the plane I had to check everything out. I decided to use the upside method to canvas the area. |
| Hmm... I really thought there would be more snacks offered here... |
| Maybe if I smile... you know you want to give me snacks... |
| Clearly it's not working. |
| I guess I'll just sleep. |
| Good thing I rested on the plane because when we got to Watercolor I was super busy experiencing a ton of firsts. |
| Like wearing my first baseball cap. |
| And playing on the softest monkey I have ever seen. |
| They wanted me to practice sitting up, but I thought that was pretty funny. |
| I'm not working here people, this is vacation. |
| I swam for the first time ever. I was a little unsure but Mia told me she also took her first swim ever in the Watercolor Inn Pool so that made me feel a little better... |
| But, my favorite part was still when we got out. |
| It's cold in there Mommy. |
| Luckily, I survived the bike ride and saw the ocean for the very first time. |
| Which then led me to experience my first head lock. It would have been such a cute picture if didn't appear I was being held against my will. |
| I guess the head lock was worth it because I got to spend some time with my favorite people... like Lottie... |
| And Aunt Libby... |
| And Uncle Brian! |
| I was also able to encourage this guy to rise and shine and not waste his vacation away sleeping. |
| When we got home more big things happened and I tried my very first solid food- rice cereal! |
| Mommy was hoping it would help me sleep longer at night, but all it did was make me want to vomit. |
| When we got home we celebrated Mother's Day with a Mommy taken photo shoot, after which Mommy felt confident in her decision to pay someone else to capture my milestone months. |
![]() | |||
| The next day we let the professionals have a go at it...It turns out me learning to sit was the least of our problems... |
![]() |
| I hate grass. |
![]() |
| So we called it a day and did a re-shoot at home. |
![]() |
| It's a good thing. |
![]() |
| Otherwise everyone would have seen how terrible my sister was acting. |
| After surviving 2 plane rides, 1 Mother's Day, and a photo shoot Mommy said she was wiped out and needed some cake. So, we went to a birthday party. |
| And played the Blues on our super star stage. |
| Somehow there was a miscommunication- I really wanted some of that cookie cake Mommy had but I ended up with peas. |
| I would rather eat my fingers any day. |
| Or Sophie. |
| Or my fingers. |
| I know, it's so funny... but they really do taste so good. |
| Just trust me. |
| Mia didn't believe me so I just had to sit by and watch poor baby be subjected to the torment of baby food. |
| Even if she doesn't believe me all the time, I really do like having a big sister... |
| She teaches me so many important things... like which toys I am allowed to play with and which ones I am not, even if they are both technically mine. |
| She also sneaks in my room and helps me navigate the tough road blocks of being a girl |
| One of which is proper make-up application |
| I agree Mia, no one wants to look fake. Thanks, I love you too. |
| She also makes sure I am dressed for every occasion. |
| Which is how I ended up with a birthday crown in celebration of my 7th month. I decided to finish the month off like I started it- at the beach! |
| Happy 7 Months to Me! |
| See you soon! |







I love your family :)
ReplyDelete