Monday, June 24, 2013

I Do What I Want: 5 Months

In a move that would surprise even the most seasoned parent's, Emma's 4 month sleep regression lasted well until her 5th month of life and took what I would consider a major turn for the worst when she suddenly started refusing her pacifier. Her consistent pattern of "easy to sleep but not sleeping through the night" turned into major bedtime battles lasting for what felt like hours at a time.

At one point a girl who kept trying to meet with me about make-up asked.."Um, if you don't mind me asking... what is wrong with your baby? You know.. that makes it so you can't ever go anywhere at night?"


Your guess is as good as mine girlfriend... your guess is as good as mine.


A heart on her sleeve kinda gal, you always know exactly how this little one feels. Emma is super social and loves being around people. I am fairly certain if we had invited her to our room for night time sleepovers the bedtime battle would have ended much sooner.

But alas, there is all of that SIDS data to contend with.  

Such a cuddle bug and generally happy baby, the intensity of her night time cries were only matched by the intensity of her daytime laughter and giggles. We spent much of the month in our pj's trying to recover from all those long nights, and we have the pictures to prove it.

 
In preparation for my 6 month pics, Mommy put me in sitting boot camp. Can I get a cup of coffee with that boppy pillow or what?

The Bumbo really is so humiliating Mom- it's like screaming- "I can't sit, I can't sit" really loud to all the other kids.
 
Mia thought practicing together might be encouraging, but it's really just depressing... that cabbage patch doll has better posture than I do.

We finally got to take a break from all that work and celebrate

Happy Saint Patty's Day Bloggies! Mommy said I had to be festive today since Mia was on her first shamrock day as well.

I was just so excited about learning to sit and St. Patty's Day and all I couldn't contain myself. Wait.. you wanted to sleep this month?

Hahahahaha

Lottie and G-da showed up to hang out with me for the weekend.

So, I showed them my crunchy book and giraffe.

The NCAA tournament started, Lottie and I discussed my bracket but in the end G-da agreed to mentor me in the ways of the Dance.

Don't mind her... she's just grumpy that my bracket beat hers, come to think of it my bracket beat Daddy's too.

These people were a little too cheery for me, being up all night is hard work.

I'm more of an afternoon gal if I do say so myself.


Lottie and G-da had to leave and I spent the eve of my 5 month birthday surrounded by middle schoolers and covered in toilet paper...
 
If being covered in toilet paper is what 5 months is about this could be fun...


Hahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment