Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Jesus Part 1

If life is a stage, then Halloween and Thanksgiving served as the dress rehearsal for our big performance as a family of four; Christmas. 

The holiday seemed to creep up on us out of nowhere, as we swear it does every year, and after a whirl wind of presents, sweets, hayrides, and Christmas lights, it was suddenly over as quickly as it had begun. 

We decided to once again forgo the annual (well annual to somebody else b/c we have never actually done it) trek to the wilderness to cut our own tree from a tree farm and instead head over to the Christmas tree lot next to the BP gas station on one of the local highways in town. 

Of course,

I wanted to create memories (read: take cute pictures in which we appear to happily frolic through life and said tree farm in matching colored clothing) of the actual tree cutting experience. 

So Mr. Eanes and I talked it over (as we have every year we have been married thus far) and decided not to go. The conversation changes a little bit every year, each party lobbying for their opinion of what we should do. And then right when I think we may load up the car and head for the mountains John brings in the heat with his final statement...

"We don't live in a blog."

This year it included "and we have a newborn."

And that is why we loaded up and headed not to a beautiful Christmas tree farm covered in with white snow, but instead 5 blocks over to the BP station parking lot covered in gas stains, oil, and other nasty unidentifiable substances.

Merry Christmas from the Eanes and from the good ole BP!

Our first official Christmas activity was a hayride through Tanglewood to see the lights. Even Emma braved the cold so we could experience a little holiday festivity.

Our next stop was the Christmas Tree Parking Lot. Wow Mommy, who knew trees grew out of concrete- I love it here!

Somebody missed the happily frolicking memo...

Sweet Emma. The parking lot was so overwhelming she decided to just take a nap.


I'll take this one please.

Hmm... I really thought there would be more to see here.


After we got the tree we came home, snuggled up in our pj's and read the Christmas story.

I was so upset I was dressed for the wrong holiday that I took another nap.

While Mia decorated, I mean played with the Christmas ornaments.

'
"I just touch it Mommy, I just touch it, I not take it off"

 
After tree decorating we took some time out to enjoy some sensory play with noodles and rice. Oh and popcorn of course.


 
After the proper popcorn nourishment we headed to Aunt Da and Uncle Johnny's to see the Christmas ball lights he makes... that was fun...

Unfortunately, seeing Santa was not. Emma: "Perhaps if I don't look at him he will go away." Mia: "Emma, run, run Emma run." Emma: "Mia, I cannot run, I cannot even hold my head up... dear gosh no... he switched sides on me, I am forced to look at him" Mia: "Someone help me!!!! Anyone is fine but this man in his hat and beard!" Emma: "I surrender, please let me go, Mia save yourself"

 
The first hayride was so fun, Daddy and Mia braved the cold and went again with our Thrive Students.


The hayride was so fun we decided to emulate the experience at gymnastics.. whoa there Cousin Lauren, take the reigns!

I'm the smartest one of them all, I bypassed the hayride and that sleigh. They see me slinging... they hating.
In a moment of pure insanity we agreed to host Salem U at our house and attempt to keep our kids really, really quiet and out of the way for 2 1/2 hours every Sunday night. Mia loved having "special" picnic dinners in her room. So how long am I supposed to keep this paci in Mom?


After being so quiet we decided to have some fun and offered to host an event where we could make some noise! Merry Christmas from the Life Group Ladies, and Mr. Eanes. Cheese....

All those people really wore Emma out. So she took yet another nap while Den Den and GG showed up to play.

Yay Den Den is here! Don't worry we have a lot of work for you to do.

Mommy lured him in and soon enough he was helping dip marshmallows for the annual Louisiana Lagniappe Gumbo Party.

She is such a slave driver... even poor Emma was forced to help.

I'd say the final product turned out pretty good.

And I'm speaking from experience here.

So we do this every year?

I think I could get used to it.

Den Den I love you.... can I have another marshmallow now?

After the Lagniappe Party we tried to rest up for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.... unfortunately that's sorta hard to do with a 2 month old around....

1 comment:

  1. Just a couple months late :) But i love see pictures and updates of your family :)

    ReplyDelete