Friday, February 8, 2013

Holiday Highjack: Thanksgiving 2012

 Just short of a month after Miss Emma made her debut and not even 2 whole weeks after having made one round trip drive to visit us, Lottie and G-da (as dubbed by Mia) loaded back up in the car and made yet another 12 hour trek to the W-S for Thanksgiving. 

It was a bittersweet time, as it was the first year since 1999 that I haven't been to the LSU/Arkansas football game the day after Thanksgiving. 

More importantly, one of my oldest friends was married in Houston the day after Thanksgiving. I was all set to stand up with her and witness the day I have so long prayed for when my youngest child decided to pull a power trip and refused to show up on time. 

I was heartbroken not to be at Erin's wedding, but it was great to see family and introduce Emma to her aunt and uncles she had yet to meet.

See what I mean? Bittersweet.

When it was finally decided that our new family of four would not be going anywhere for Thanksgiving, we basically hijacked a pretty regimented tradition and the Feller Thanksgiving took the show on the road for the first time in a very long time.

(Side note: The "show" actually always goes on the road every other year, but the road leads to Death Valley and Mike the Tiger's lair, not my house.)

Anyway. 

Uncle Chris and Aunt Libby flew in from Dallas. Uncle Brian, proving once again to be the smartest of the bunch, somehow managed to bypass the car that left Little Rock and instead showed up via airplane.

Since we could still pull the "I have a newborn card", the extent of my "hosting" included making a couple of desserts and buying toilet paper. 

Harris Teeter did the rest.

All in all I would say it was a great, stress free time even if it looked somewhat different than usual. Says the girl who did not unload or reload the dishwasher one time in all 4 days that everyone was here...

Great time, indeed.

I started off the Holiday by visiting the Fire Station and learning about big trucks.

Soon after Aunt Libby showed up to meet Emma....wearing this. Yep Emma, that's our Aunt.

She's really not as strange as she seems and she always brings us the coolest toys.

Not long after Aunt Libby and Uncle Chris came, Lottie and G-Da  suddenly appeared again. That meant we did a lot of this...

And this...

And this.

I slept good after all that swinging and decided to start Thanksgiving Day right by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and drinking out of my new cup Aunt Libby brought me.

When it was time to get dressed for the day, Daddy seemed sad, so I let him wear my hat.

Emma fell asleep waiting for Uncle Brian. Emma, you are supposed to fall asleep after you eat turkey...
I decided snacking was a better use of my time than sleeping, so I had some pre-dinner snacks while I waited.


He's here, he's here! Uncle Brian, Uncle Brian look at my water bottle!
Once Uncle Brian came it was time to eat! Dinner was pretty good but my favorite part was dessert.

After which Mommy made us all pose for a family picture, I feel like someone needs to tell her it's gonna be a while before we all look in the same direction but I just don't have the heart to do it right now.

Emma is real cute and all but I'm starting to think she's stealing some of my admirers.
 
The next day we decided to work off all that turkey at Bounce U. Swaggering in... I don't want the other kids to know how excited I am to be here.
First stop... the big slide. I don't really feel like walking Mommy... I know you just had a baby and all but could you carry me please?

I feel certain there will be bounce houses in Heaven.

Good sliding Uncle Chris!



How many adults does it take to get over this wall?



Once we mastered the obstacle course it was on to the biggest slide of all, Uncle Chris helped me get up and then down it, but don't let him fool you...

He doesn't always play fair. Hey, pick on someone your own size...


Yes, yes... like her. She's a perfect option.

Aunt Libby... stop with the tickles you are messing up my  hair!
Raise your hand if you're having fun!

That's a lot of fun Daddy!

For some reason Emma wasn't invited to Bounce U, sorry Em's we took a family photo without you.

Later that day we watched the Tigers beat up on the Razorbacks.

When the game got a little long for me I decided to go on a stroll with Puppy Dog.

I invited Emma on my stroll, but she was too tired.

Afterwards Mommy told me the Razorbacks lost, but Uncle Brian was a good sport about it.
I told him I liked the Tigers, and he told me he loves me anyway.

Emma finally woke up so I decided to get some snuggles in before she fell asleep again.
Happy Thanksgiving! Love, The Feller's, Boeck's, & Eanes' (well minus Daddy- somebody had to take the picture)




No comments:

Post a Comment