Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Quest for My Valentine

After last year's Day of Hearts lacked the sweet treat my heart so desired, I made sure we got them in the day before this year. You mean you eat sweet treats everyday?

Pucker up Valentine, I'm coming for you.

On the actual Day of Hearts I woke to find these surprises waiting for me at my personal buffet seat.

This looks a little different than yesterday's sweet treat... but hey, you never want to pass up a possible opportunity at something sweet, so I did what anyone in my position with sound judgement would do...

I ate it.


Turns out glue is not sweet at all, so I had to get some milk to wash it down. And then I began my search for my Valentine.

Hey Mr. Chip Clip did you see who left me that surprise?

Maybe he's in the closet....

Oh Valentine...

After the closet was a bust I decided to check my fridge.


And under my mats...

I guess he could be very small.

I was exasperated with looking and decided to talk it over with my buddy Lawny.

I tried all the persuasive techniques I knew but he said he knew nothing..I feel he was not telling the truth. Talk to me Lawny.

After little luck with Lawny I decided to hold a benefit concert in the ball pit in hopes he would come. He did not.
When he never showed up I simply had to press on with my day, I went and met Nannie K and Daddy for a Day of Hearts Lunch. Are these guys edible?


Thanks Nannie K, I wonder if my Valentine is hiding out in here?

He wasn't, but I thought if I tried calling him he might answer.


At lunch I read all about the animals on the farm, but still no Valentine.

Apparently in some places it is considered acceptable to interrupt a person's lunch to take their picture. These people have no understanding of how important my nourishment is for my search.

When we got home it became apparent I needed to look high and low if I was going to find him.

So I crawled on top of my table. Daddy made me get down, he is obviously too old to understand my hearts desire to find my Valentine.

He wasn't in these boxes either. And then it happened... from around the corner I heard my Valentine running through the house. I saw him.

There he is Mom- it's Oats!

Oh dear... I had no idea he would be so smelly. Happy Valentines Day anyway Otis, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! Glad my boy didn't get dissed this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did not get dissed last year... if I remember correctly he dissed Mia when he suggested that she was to "forward"...

    ReplyDelete