Things like...
baby gym classes
music time
library reading hour
playgrounds
strawberry picking
splash parks
...and of course,
pumpkin patches
Again, although I am not 100% clear on where "the list" came from, I'm sure Eve couldn't wait to dress Cain and Abel up in their matching pumpkin shirts and take pictures for the family photo album.
So, it was sort of a given that John, Mia, and I would head out to the pumpkin patch one Sunday afternoon before Halloween. I also took it as a given that a lot of other people would do the same. John on the other hand, was a little taken aback. He looked around at all the kids wearing their pumpkin shirts and orange pants, turned to me and said, "this should be an episode in the office... just look at this place". He had never been more right.
A gazillion parents flocked around orange pumpkins saying things like smile, hold the pumpkin, no-no I said sit by the scarecrow, pull your shirt down so I can see your name... all for the sake of photo album. I looked around, soaked it up for about 2 seconds, laughing at how silly we all seemed, and then went right back on my merry way.
After all, somebody had to tell Mia to sit real still on the hay stack.
We visited the same pumpkin patch last year and let me tell you, a lot can happen in a year. Fortunately, I have the pictures to prove it.
| There, there Daddy... we will find you the perfect pumpkin... don't worry. |
| Come on... I will take you to find it right now. |
| The pressure is too much. Is this one it? I just don't know. |
| Excuse me, I am looking for the perfect pumpkin for my Daddy... have you seen it? |
| I said... MY DADDY NEEDS A PERFECT PUMPKIN. |
| Perhaps playing this maraca will give me wisdom on which one to pick. |
| Oh my gosh... could it be? |
| Mommy, enough with the snuggles, we found the perfect pumpkin! |
| Hurry, we must find Daddy. It's a good thing we didn't get a scary green like those over there. |
| I said I would find it Daddy, not carry it out for you. Let the pulling begin! |




No comments:
Post a Comment