Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Everything

With 2012 upon us, I feel it is only appropriate that I catch up the past 2 months of our life. Time management has never been one of my strengths, but as the old saying goes... Better late than never.

So, it is with great disdain and personal dissatisfaction that I present to you my Happy Everything collage of our little Mia Kate. With Christmas gone by and and her 16 month birthday over, I have come to grips with the fact that Halloween and Thanksgiving pictures can wait no more.
We spent the first part of our day hanging out at the Itsy Bitsy Halloween Bash.

Clearly Mia was concerned there weren't enough food options at the party already and took off to go collect some more items of her own.

The second half was spent party hopping and candy collecting. Shortly after this photo was taken my husband ditched the bandanna in attempt to look like a more manly cowboy. Hey guys, there is something blocking my eyeballs.
 
Walking over the neighbors Halloween shindig. Still refusing to let go of my finger, we spent the whole night like the three amigos minus one. Mia went trick-or-treating to 3 houses before we called it quits and decided to people watch with all the other kiddos.


Hey, why are we giving all the candy away?

 Happy Halloween!

Less than a month later we would load up and set off on a 2 week journey to what I lovingly tell my husband is the "real south". We flew to Houston, spent a day and a half there before hightailing it to Baton Rouge on Thanksgiving Day to participate in one of the most important pastimes Mia will ever know... watching the LSU Tigers play football! The game was a little nerve wracking in the beginning, but we eventually got it together and made it quite clear to the Hogs that pigs simply aren't welcome in Louisiana... sorry Uncle Brian. After the game we headed back to Houston and spent the remaining week scattered between H-Town and Dallas catching up with friends and running in the rain.

 So you want me to sit still for 3 hours on the plane? Am I really the first to say this is not a good idea?

 It was terrible DenDen, the baby next to us on the plane had a diaper explosion and Momma had to hold her so her Momma could  get her some fresh clothes...Daddy thought he might gag.


 Happy Thanksgiving!



Thanksgiving Dinner is hard to come by when everything is closed. My first solid food Thanksgiving and this is what you give me?

 Tailgating looks a little differently now!

 Will is wondering if it's too late to give his spot to some body else.

 Where is this tiger they keep telling me about?

 Nice to meet you Frannie... can I get down now?

 Oh Aunt Libby I think I spotted some gold fish over there...

If you want us to look at the camera then why to do you make silly noises above your heads?


 Who is this guy?  Where is my Dad?

 The baby parade!

 It's ok Baby Mia, LSU on game day is overwhelming for anyone to take in. Sweet tiger dreams little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment