I want some floppy shoes
I want a squirty flower squirt it on you
Like all the bad clowns do
I want to juggle bowling pins in the sun
I want to join the circus, the circus looks like fun
I'll sit and work the gate or I can guess your weight
I'll even sell the corn dogs I don't care
As long as I am there
I'll hand out baseballs at the dunk tank
I'll ride my funny car laughing... all the way to the bank
I want to join the circus, the circus looks like fun
I'll sit and work the gate or I can guess your weight
I'll even sell the corn dogs I don't care
As long as I am there
I'll hand out baseballs at the dunk tank
I'll ride my funny car laughing... all the way to the bank
Cause I'm a carney man I'm a carney man
I'm a carney man I'm a carney man carney man carney man
I'm a carney man I'm a carney man carney man carney man
Sorry, Cross Canadian Ragweed... Mia does not agree.
It is with the utmost pleasure I am able to announce a fair career is not in our daughter's future. Well, her near future anyway.
It is with the utmost pleasure I am able to announce a fair career is not in our daughter's future. Well, her near future anyway.
After paying 5 dollars for parking, 16 dollars to enter, and $11 to clog our arteries with what is most likely the equivalent of fried lard, little Miss Mia decided she wasn't into hanging out at the fair, in the cold, past her bed time.
Did I mention it was raining?
So, there we were huddled under a red and white striped food tent, enjoying #11 "the heart attack" on the menu, in the rain, when Mia decided she was finished with the fair. I'm still not sure if her breaking point was not being allowed to crawl around on the manure covered floor, or if it was the insult of being offered cheerios over Daddy's fried okra and french fries, regardless, she was not too happy. And, she was letting everyone know it.
That's when we got "the look" from this guy...
![]() |
| How dare you bring a baby to the fair and let it cry while I eat my giant turkey leg and fried snickers bar. |
Sorry, sir, you are totally right... how rude of us to interrupt your five star dining experience with our crying toddler.
| But I wanted to watch the pig races |
After the rain showed no sign of letting up and we had profusely apologized to Mr. Sunshine and his friends multiple times, we decided it was time to head home.
To help console the eldest member of our house, I created our very own artery clogging, remove years from your life treat for Mr. Eanes to enjoy.
I don't know what is more concerning... the fact that I made it or the the fact that he actually ate it.
| Krispy Kreme Brownie Burger |
Here's to hoping in 2012 we stay at the fair long enough to let someone else provide the sweet treat.



it was incredible by the way
ReplyDeleteJohn