Friday, September 30, 2011

365 Days of Life

When my phone suffered an unnatural death by drowning in drool, we decided to really stick it to AT&T and head on over to Verizon for a new contract.  Needing two new phones, new numbers, contacts transferred, yada yada yada, we knew it was improbable our super cute but curious, one year old would stay put in her stroller for the entire length of our stay. 

We were right.

If seasons of life were defined like fashion we would currently be experiencing the walking fad.  Mia wants to walk everywhere and see everyone, which is great... except for the fact that she can't actually walk yet.  Thus, her "walking", translates into one of the "bigger" people in her life bending over into an awkward stance and giving her full reign of our fore fingers for gripping.  She grabs a hold, and like magic she suddenly takes off on her exploration. 

So, when the talking book we brought with us to Verizon had been over extended, the flap books had lost their flap, and the puzzle pieces were no longer fun to chew on, we set off to explore the Verizon store.  One of us smiling like she had just won free year long passes to Disney World, and the other looking like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame.  After the 89th or so loop around the store one customer looked at us, smiled and asked... "Well what did you do with your time before you got her?"

I looked at her for a minute, laughed, and finally replied... "Who knows." 

The truth is, we surely do not.

Last month we celebrated day 365 of our new life as a family of three.  And oh my, how fast the time has gone.  Happy First Birthday to my little girl, thanks for giving us something to do!  We are blessed to have you in our lives.

In my 12th month I finally got to wear animal print.  Thank goodness for Cousin Lauren's safari themed birthday party. Really Mom, all the other kids were wearing this stuff months ago.

Daddy, I understand you having no animal print clothes, but I must admit I am slightly embarrassed to be seen with you right now. Was that really the best Mommy could do?  Um... I promise I'm not with him.


I love Ms. Kristen!  Next time you come visit I promise to forgo all emergency trips to the doctor's office.

Oh, this wasn't for me to chew on?

Why would I walk by myself when I have this guy to follow me everywhere?  Let's go Daddy.


My favorite pose, "the mermaid", eat your hearts out boys.

When I do things, I like them to be done well... I spent countless hours rolling around in my crib to get this great bed head effect.

Henderson turned 3 and we all got to be Superheros for the day. Here's hoping my dress doesn't get messed up in the call of duty.

That silly puppy, she always hides in the same spot.

Aunt Jill gave me this historical item in celebration of my first birthday.

O.M.G. phones in the old days were really connected to big boxes like this?

It's my birthday...

I'll wear hats if I want too.

Enough with the documentation...I have been waiting a whole year for this... bring on the birthday sweet treat!

Hey, Mom... I think you misplaced my cupcake with a muffin.

So, I am wearing a cupcake but I actually got to eat a muffin?

Finally! Those big people made me wait it out but at my birthday celebration I finally found the sweet treat I have spent so long searching for.  This is the best day of my life yet, can we do it again tomorrow?!?

2 comments:

  1. adorable! that's an awesome first cake! (and precious pink antique high chair!) and um...yeah...we all wasted so much time before we had children and we didn't even know it... Now I'm one of THOSE staff members...the ones telling college students, "You have more time now than you'll ever have." And they look at me the way I used to look at them, like, "You're crazy. I don't have time to do all my studies...and what does she do all day: play-dough?" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy B-Day Mia!!! "The Mermaid" kills me!!! You will have to save that one for her wedding someday. Can't wait to see y'all in December. XOXO, Meredith

    ReplyDelete