Monday, October 8, 2012

24 Months, 30 Weeks, & 3 Good Feet

Sometimes all you can do is laugh- so when Mr. Eanes went off to play an innocent game of boys night basketball and came home with a broken ankle in Mia's 24th month of life- that's what I tried to do... 

Did I mention I was 30 weeks pregnant at the time? And our house has 2 flights of stairs?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

We probably were pretty comical to watch; one of us on crutches, one of us with a huge belly sticking out, and one of us toddling around with no regard to such commands as stop, go, hold on. I often joked we were a 6 footed house with only 3 good feet. And, while Otis does have 4 good feet of his own, Mr. Eanes is convinced he might be slightly slower than we realize and therefore his feet didn't count toward our equation at all.

Regardless of how many feet we had to work with, things kept right on moving forward. Mia's vocabulary seemed to double daily. She became mesmerized by "songs" and spent most of her days with her face 2 inches away from our laptop "watching" Spotify play songs. "More songs" and "new song" became two of my least favorite phrases, as Mia's attention span proved correct for her age and she became bored with each song after the first 10 seconds. Unless of course, the song was Wheels on the Bus or the Barney version of the ABC song- luckily we got to listen to those two for over 2 hours one day. 

When we weren't "watching" spotify play, we spent most of our days outside pushing toys and enjoying hanging out with our friends.


G-Da and Lottie came to visit and we had a great time. I was thinking of dressing up as G-Da for Halloween so I decided to try out his watch, live strong bracelet, and hat. I think they look good.
Or maybe I could just be me for Halloween and chew on this watch.
 
24 months is hard work. The adults expected me to know the words in this book. The cow says Mooooooo.

I thought reading was tough, driving Daddy's truck down the street is serious.



I also had to start taking care of my Puppy Dogs. I pushed them everywhere and often "requested" they both come with us in the car.

Mommy, could you watch this one Puppy Dog for me while I take the other shopping?

When the Puppy's weren't available to shop with me I thought I would try to ride in their cart. Unfortunately Mommy said it's just for Puppies and Babies.

In order to make sure I had enough nourishment for all my new big girl activities Daddy decided it was time to start Mia and Daddy Breakfast dates on Saturday mornings. I love biscuits and was so excited about it but we only got to have one because the next Tuesday Daddy came home with this...
Ouch Daddy.

I was sad Daddy didn't feel good, but it was fun having him home for a few days. When I woke up I took all my books to his bed and we read together. This book always makes me feel better Daddy.

Before Daddy got his crutches I turned out to be a really big help. I showed him how to crawl around so he could get from one place to the next.

Now be real careful Daddy, we will just drag this chair over here...

And "ta-da" we have a foot rest while we read... I'll rest mine with you.

Now just scoot, but be careful if you bounce too much while you scoot down Mommy will tell you "no,no".
Since Daddy was getting behind at work, I decided to help him catch up. Just another day checking emails.
Eventually Daddy went back to work and things started to get a little boring, so I decided the best course of action was to liven the place up. One day when I wouldn't nap at all Mommy came in and found me with no pj pants or diaper on. Surprise Mommy, I peed in my crib!

Naptime wasn't as fun after Mommy started putting me in footed, zippy pj's to sleep. So, I had to settle for being excited about the little things... like having snack in the "big seat".

And swinging in the "big swing".

And taking a bath in "Daddy's bath".
Once we used up all our fun resources at  home, we decided to venture out into the world as a family with only 3 good legs. Daddy got his very own "Beep-Beep" at Target while Mommy pushed me in mine. It was fun for a while but soon I was ready for bigger things.

So I told Daddy I wanted to drive his Beep-Beep. Which kept my attention for a few aisles and then I decided to move on again to bigger and better things.

By far my favorite activity- I pushed Daddy's Beep-Beep all over the store. It might have been my most glorious day ever until Mommy said it was time to leave. Then all the gloriousness faded away and I decided to let Target know how unhappy I was. Mommy said she was glad that Daddy was there for the first time she had to carry me out of a store sideways while I was screaming.... even if he couldn't help.

After my show in Target, I decided to take my act on the road and go on my very first camping trip!

So I guess if camping can qualify as taking a nap in a camper, eating watermelon, and sloshing through mud then I have been camping... Mommy says we have to wait until I'm a little older to stay overnight.
I was so tired after all my adventures that I couldn't even muster up the energy to turn on the "Spots", so I just stood by the speakers and "watched" the music come out.... for hours. I knew I needed to rest up- turning two would be hard business!




















No comments:

Post a Comment