Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Water Days: 22 Months


It was only fitting that since Mia ended her 21st month at Coldstone Creamery, she kicked off her 22nd at Brynn's yogurt. The end of May and most of June was spent hanging out in the driveway playing with water toys, spending our last days with Caden, and then subsequently trying to keep ourselves busy when he moved. 

Still very much into Bebe's, Mia seemed excited about the Bebe in Mama's belly so excited she decided there was one in hers too... proudly patting her belly and announcing to everyone... Bebe. When Bebe's eye fell off we decided it might be best to introduce a more toddler friendly replacement. We presented Mia with a plush baby doll named Meredith, complete with a diaper bag and decided to use her to "prepare" Mia for life with a new baby. Apparently she needed no preparing... completely enamored with Bebe, but even more so with "bag", Mia spent her days laying out the changing pad, laying Bebe Meredith on top of it, changing her diaper, feeding her the bottle, and then starting all over again. We did hit a rough patch when Mia discovered she could take Bebe Meredith's pants off during naptime, but couldn't manage to get them back on. After a few pants rescue missions by Mama and Dada, Mia got more comfortable with Bebe sleeping pantless and all was once again right in the naptime world.



After discussing it with my buddies over yogurt, we decided the only way to sufficiently celebrate Memorial Day was with water and crepe paper. So I attempted to coordinate a  push car parade.

Nathan won the award for best dressed.

This isn't my lawn mower... but it was so festive I couldn't help myself and just took off pushing it.

The parade was a bit of a bust... apparently the adults didn't find us very cooperative. Next year we might take direction a little bit better. Don't worry Ethan, even though there was no parade your push car still won best in show. Just look at all that patriotism.

Caden, you have to get out of the pool to participate in the parade.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Thankfully Nannie K said she can fix this.

Wait... what do you mean we're not going to the beach today?

Playing in the sprinkler ball is the highlight of my day.


Ahh Cooking Light. This magazine has been my favorite now for many months but we never seemed to document it. I frequently go through the magazine basket and pull this particular one out regardless of how many others are on top of it.

It's probably the chili bowl on the front... yummy.

When my best buddy Caden moved away not even Cooking Light could make me feel better. So Mama and I decided to head to the beach soothe our souls.
Thankfully we have great neighbors and friends who were willing to let us hang out with them. Hey boys, keep it down over there... I am lounging here.

Mama said she was glad I'm not scared of the water but she would perhaps prefer a more cautious approach to the ocean... whatever that means.

Waves come back.

I am sad about Caden still, but hugging you does seem so nice Wade. I might be in love, don't tell Dada.

If I don't love you then I definitely love your cousin's shoes...thanks for letting me wear them Nate.



 This picture is slightly out of timeline context but there is Bebe Meredith, naked Bebe Ellie, and Bag in the background. My whole life I have slept with 2 lovees named Dolly and Piddles, I never took much notice. But suddenly when Bebe Meredith showed up I started asking for Dowwy to play with too. Mama and Dada were shocked but I'm not sure why... I have been looking at those lovees for years  now.
With one more beach trip on the horizon it was important for me to fuel up once I got home from Pawley's Island. Turning 22 months sure makes a girl hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment