Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Word Blast: 20 Months

I recently read a blog in which the author was totally disgusted with time. She made the observation that in her youth she had desperately wanted it to speed up so she could be older, and it never seemed to happen. Now that she is finally older, the author went on to admit she had often pleaded for time to slow down, she wished her babies would not grow so fast. And yet, the hours turn into days, the days into weeks, the weeks into years all seemingly in the blink of an eye. How true her words were.

The speed at which the months seem to fly by is only one more testament to how cruel and wonderful time can simultaneously be. Within the short span of 30 days I have seen so much change take place in my little girl. The baby who I once thought might never smile and the toddler I feared would never walk without holding my finger, is slowly becoming her own little person with her own little personality to show for it. 

Mia is a glitzy sorta girl. 

You know the adult kind... you see them grocery shopping and wonder what awards show they were attending before realizing they needed milk and bread for dinner. She's that girl. She loves accessories and will often not leave the confines of her car seat until she has them "just so." 


This girl loves shoes and dresses too. She has an opinion about what shoes go on her feet. Deterring her from that opinion is becoming increasingly more difficult.She has been spotted with dresses and shirts over her pj's when she "demanded" that something be put on but did not have the patience for the a fore mentioned item to be removed.

Heaven help us all. But especially her Daddy, I just don't know how much his heart can handle. When he spotted her begging to play with my make-up brush I really thought the poor man might have a heart attack right then and there. The day she says "but that's what all the other kids are wearing" in protest to some wardrobe altercation he may actually have to be resuscitated. 

Until then...


All that glitz doesn't seem to have gone to her head. Mia is happy as a clam taking those cute baby designer shoes and plastic jewels straight into a mud puddle. And that sweet smocked dress? Yep, it's going in too. After all even little girls need to live and we might as well put that washing machine to good use since we have it and all. 


Mia's vocabulary, which consisted mainly of Mama, Dada, Bye Bye, Uh-oh, and Elp Pease before, really took off this month. She seems to add more words to her repertoire each day. Our favorites to hear her say are elp pease, beep, night night, and bebe.




My best buddy Caden went with Daddy, Mommy and I to Bounce U to kick off our Easter festivities.

That place is hard work, so afterwards Daddy and I relaxed in the Barbie house for a while and Wade made us pizza.

After we were good and full, it was right back to work and the mowing began. So much to get ready for.

Wait, you are wearing what Lizzie? Really, you know it's at a baseball park, right? Ok, hang on, let me ask Sally what she is wearing.

Not sure what the other two decided to wear but I thought this was good for my first Easter Egg Dash.

They should have been more clear about the dashing part. Apparently it is frowned upon when you run past the orange cones and they make your Daddy come in to escort you. He can help, but he can't have my eggs.

Ohhhh... look at her shoes...


1,2,3,4,5... I think I have them all.

Older dashers competing for my left overs.

A good bounce is always needed after egg dashing.

I love bouncing but I am not really sure about this horse riding thing. I probably would have worn my boots had I known.


I better go ahead and practice my dashing for next year.
Listen Caden, I have done this once already so listen to me and we'll come out on top.

Alright I'll take care of the one of the left with the lovey and you distract those girls over there with your charming frog. They won't know what hit 'em when we get all the eggs.

We did it Mommy- we won!
Happy Easter Mia! Some bunny came and dropped off these goodies.

Thanks Daddy, it looks nice.


Ahh I see so Easter isn't really about all these eggs we've been hunting after all?

I'm not sure who this Easter Bunny is... but I am certainly glad he left me these stickers to snack on.


Everyone is so happy because I decided to commemorate Easter by having a diaper blow out. When Mommy and Daddy picked me up in the nursery at church Mrs. Sarah said... "well, she got poop on her dress." Nothing says holiday like a little poop!
Eggs- I knew we would meet again.

I need two baskets just in case, a girl can never be too prepared.

Here Papa Jim, you can take one of mine.



Eggs, eggs, eggs.


When Easter passed I took a break from egg hunting to do a little party hopping and bubble eating. But it didn't last long...

Do you think there could be any leftover eggs in here?

There aren't any in here... that's for sure.

Maybe if I help Mama clean I will find some more.

This is terrible. I can't find any eggs. Not to mention all the other kids are getting to go out in their pj's and boots and my Mom said no.

Days when Daddy dresses me are much better than when Mommy does. He doesn't seem to care what combinations I wear...

The boots really made the outfit. It's so much easier to concentrate on my cooking when my shoes are cute.
Mommy convinced me to leave my boots at home when we embarked on our trip to Watercolor for Aunt Libby's wedding. I was so excited and wanted to talk to everyone on the plane but eventually my little body just gave out and I had to take a birthday nap. Turning 20 months in an airplane is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment