Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's a...


When I was pregnant with Mia most of the families we knew in The Springs (read- all but two families) had little girls and being around them really transformed my heart. 

Long before I ever met John, I would have said my greatest desire was to have all boys- six boys to be exact. Girls seemed dramatic and petty, not to mention expensive. Plus, the thought of having a permanent little league game going in my backyard just seemed fun.

But, all it took was watching our friends and their little girls to melt my heart into a thousand pieces and when the day came to find out Mia's gender I had to practice a lot of self talk in advance. "We want a healthy baby.... we want a healthy baby... could we have a healthy baby girl God? No, I mean all we want is a healthy baby...." 

Needless to say when they told us Mia was indeed a healthy baby girl I was ecstatic. 

My friend Abby helped me register and knowing we desired more children, I decided  to attempt registering for gender neutral items. I thought I was doing pretty good.  Until that is... we saw the pink swing.

Big, plastic, in your face pink, there is nothing neutral about this swing. And yet, I had to have it. I mean, Mia had to have it. So register for it we did. Good thing.

Mia loves that swing.



So, when we started talking about how we wanted the gender for Baby Eanes 2 revealed, the first thing that popped in my head was Mia's pink swing. 

I am not opposed to the art of sharing but for the sake of saving us thousands of dollars in therapy down the road, I thought it might be best if we went ahead and got Baby Eanes 2 their own swing... especially if Baby Eanes 2 turned out to be a boy. 

We decided to have the sonographer put the gender in an envelope for us to open at a later date. John, Mia, and I came home from our appointment this morning, closed all our blinds, and heated up left over pizza for lunch. While we were chowing down, our fantastic neighbors looked in the envelope and hung up the appropriate colored swing next to Mia's on our swing set. (I bought Babies-R-Us out yesterday when I checked out with both a blue and pink swing) Then after opening the guesses we had written down in secret, we went outside on the deck and saw this....

It's a ?

GIRL!
  
Looks like my little league team may have just turned into the chorus of Cinderella. When I saw the pink I went nuts and my husband just stood there shaking his head in disbelief...

"That's another wedding" he later said. 

We're so excited to meet you Baby Girl Eanes 2. Your big sister Mia has so many things she wants to share with you... even if she doesn't always act like it. And don't you worry about that wedding stuff, your Daddy adores having little girls and your Mommy loves throwing a good party! 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Think of all the money you are going to save by recycling the old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie,
      That's what I said initially too! But I am not sure you can recycle weddings?? ;)

      Delete
  2. OH MY I love it!! I guess that means that both my boys can marry an Eanes girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course your boys can be considered... they can submit their application to Mr. Eanes and request a date for their formal interviews. ;)

      Delete