Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Things I Have Learned Being a Mom

1. There is never later- any sentence that includes the phrase "I will do that later" is uttered in sheer ignorance or denial. When the baby is asleep the time is now... it may not happen again for another 24 hours.

2. Deep uninterrupted conversations are a thing of the past. Most conversing happens while bouncing, lulling, shushing, or at the very least attempting mental math in my head trying to figure out when she is supposed to eat next.

3. Showering is a privilege.

4. Parking spaces are too small to widely open your car door and the get the car seat out without making contact with the person parked next to you. Lord help you if end up near me in the parking lot.

5. Spit-up stains clothes- like almost all of ours- this information should be written down somewhere and given to you upon exiting the hospital.

6. Cheap diapers are cheap for a reason.

7. It is possible to eat an entire meal in under two minutes.

8. Once a Mom the first question you are supposed to ask other Mom's is how their baby is sleeping...

9. Shopping with a baby is much like an episode of 24. You are in possession of a ticking bomb that will ultimately go off you just can't quite pinpoint when it will happen.

10. A baby's smile is one of the most precious things in the world.

In my next post I will be chronicling our adventures with our out of town guests, Meredith, Christie, Cary, and Libby- not to mention Maddie and Schatzi, the two puppies we have been watching this past week.

Until then- happy reading!
Kelley


3 comments:

  1. Can someone tell me what that box is and how I get rid of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the box...I thought a picture was loading. We need to live in the same place so we can chat in person while bouncing and shushing and go shopping with our time bombs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!! all true...
    I still can not have an uninterrupted conversation... once they start moving you are chasing after them then when they can play alone you are scanning to see where they are and yelling for them to behave.

    About the box: when editing it... look at 2 tabs on upper right hand side. Click on edit HTML... then delete EVERYTHING before your text starts... then go back to compose to see if it looks ok.

    ReplyDelete