Emma spent month 2 much like she did month 1; being harassed... um... lovingly cared for by her big sister. Tummy time, activity time, reading time, bath time... Emma certainly has not yet to want for companionship in her little short life.
Still sleeping in the Nap Nanny in our room, her sleep cycle seemed to improve and we got a couple of "good stretches" of sleep- the most noteworthy lasting from about 11:00 p.m. to 9:45 a.m. It really was a beautiful experience and something we are still waiting to be repeated.
Generally, during month 2, Emma seemed to have a personal conflict with the hours between 8:00 p.m. and midnight. Liking above all else to be held by Mommy and participate in the ultimate hip swiveling during this time. All the hip swiveling could make a person go insane, so Emma pulled out all the stops to ensure our devotion for her wouldn't waiver and she started to smile.
Really big smiles.
It is important to note that Emma did not have a hard act to follow in this area.
Mia hardly ever smiled.
Hardly ever as in... I often got stuck in situations with people cooing and gawking at her in vain attempts to see a smirk. Hardly ever as in... I worried she would have the personality of a lump of coal. Hardly ever as in... I was certain she belonged somewhere on the Autism spectrum and Googled as such until I was in tears trying to figure out the best method of treatment for our child.
And when I look at Mia, it's all so funny to think about now.
All that say, the first time I saw Emma grin, my heart melted. When that smirky grin turned into a full fledged smile I thought I might pass out with excitement. And last night, when she was having a conversation with her Daddy by way of cooing and smiling I heard him say she could have whatever she wanted as long as she kept grinning at him that way....
Oh dear.
Looks like with all these sweet girls stealing their Daddy's heart we are just gonna go ahead and go for broke over here at the Eanes' house.
Hopefully we will gain some control over the situation before they are old enough to start asking for things.
After all they are still babies, it can only get worse.
Emma's Two Month Stats:
Weight: 12 lbs 5.5 oz 68.60%ile
Length: 23.38 inches 83.82%ile
Head: 38.1 cm 42.02%ile
 |
| Getting my nourishment in order to have enough strength for playtime. Keeping up with my big sister is tough. |
 |
| My view in the playroom. Apparently that is my chair and big sister Mia demanded I sit in it. Finally Mommy was able to convince her to let Ellie hangout in it in my place, at least until I can hold my head up. |
 |
| When Ellie wasn't busy filling in for me, I decided to use her to rest on. So glad I was born into a family where I have my on constant pacifier insert-er. That thing falls out of my mouth and Mia appears from nowhere to put it back in. |
 |
| Pottery Barn Kids, I will be asking for half the royalties from all the elephant sales made after this pic hits the web. Everyone will want their babies to be as precious as me. |
 |
| My nap at the tree lot wasn't enough, I was worn out from all the excitement so... |
 |
| I slept through the decorating of the Christmas tree. |
 |
| About halfway through I felt bad so I decided to praise the Lord in my sleep- just keeping the reason for the season alive. |
 |
| When I woke up those adults put me straight back to work at tummy time. This will really wear a baby out. |
 |
| After the tree was up and decorated I was able to focus on accomplishing some other tasks, like my first big smile. |
 |
| Playing under my playmate was loads of fun- it was smirk worthy but not worthy of a full fledged smile just yet. |
 |
I do love those black and red beads...
When PBK found out what a great model I was they sent some other animals over straight away in hopes I would market them as well... I thought it was a great gesture but Mommy on the other hand was slightly less enthused... |
 |
| Big Sister became enthralled with playing with rice and noodles, so hung out with her and waited till the time was right... |
 |
| We went to Uncle Johnny's and took pictures underneath my Christmas light ball he made. |
 |
|
And went to visit Santa. I was definitely not smiling for this guy, in fact my suggestion is to sleep with one eye open during Christmas... someone told me he comes down your Chimney- yikes. |
 |
| I'll wear his hat as long as I don't have to sit on his lap again... |
So sweet! Those first baby smiles are the best! And just so you know you're not alone, I, too was convinced that Sydney was autistic when she was one, because she didn't seem to like other kids. Now I know she was just a very normal one year old, who very understandably preferred her mom. And now she's a very normal 7 year old who usually prefers her friends - much to my chagrin! Turns out, I'm not as cool as I thought I was! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute, Kelley, and you look beautiful!
ReplyDelete